Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 692 times
Evelina
2021-01-26 16:07

How to ruin a conversation

This YouTube has me LOLing because I’m the type of person that never knows what to say and is in general just an awkward person. I’ve made my peace with it. 😆 But I do all seven of these things. How about you?

Annons:
Evelina
2021-01-26 16:08

Here is the video.

Niklas
2021-01-27 12:09

I do a lot of them too. But I don’t think all of them are wrong. I do what I think works. It would be strange to do something else. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2021-01-27 12:56

Yeah, I think it is very content dependent. There are only so many responses to some things that one can say. Especially, when it comes to a close one venting about a problem.

Niklas
2021-02-03 11:08

I’m not uncomfortable when it’s silent, so I don’t feel like I have to say something to fill a void when no one else speaks. Do you?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2021-02-04 09:36

I think it depends on the situation too. At a dinner party perhaps silence is a little uncomfortable. But with a one on one conversation it’s not.

Niklas
2021-02-09 09:40

I see your point.

Perhaps start the conversation by saying that you find it hard to know what to talk about with people you have never met and not wanting to sound shallow. I think you will find that many agree with you on that, which might break the ice, while others don’t mind carrying the conversation. Many like talking about themselves. Either way you have set the bar on a level you can’t really fall from. They know you think small talk is difficult.

Another strategy, is doing like everybody else. Start talking about nothing. Questions are your easiest bet.

• Ask about the other persons occupation or interests. This usually opens up to an endless series of follow-up questions.

• Ask how he or she know the host(s).

• Ask where they live, if they like it there

• Tell them what you like about the food/venue/decorations/flowers…

• The weather (always works in Sweden).

You will get return questions. Answer with what you find most interesting so you can talk about it for a long time if they are interested. :)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: