Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1219 times
Niklas
2020-04-27 19:10

How to make your own face masks

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you are among those who believe that face masks makes a difference for the Coronavirus, you might want to know that you can make them yourself.

The most ambitious one I found is from the New York Times. They have made a pdf that you can download and share with friends and family.

The easiest solution was the CDC (Center for Disease Control) Bandana-to-Face-Mask 45-second transformation. Dr Jerome Adams shows you how to do it in a short video.

Then there are other solutions, like cutting a T-shirt into one or more face coverings (no stitching required), as described in this article (also by CDC).

Do you wear a face mask during the pandemic?

» How to sew a face mask : The New York Times

» Use Cloth Face Coverings to Help Slow Spread | CDC

(Photo by Jessica Rockowitz at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2020-04-28 12:18

So far wearing a mask in Stockholm is not adopted that widely. I often see many healthcare workers and other commuters near Danderyds sjukhus metro wearing masks. I live in a student housing area where there are many international students. There is a handful of people here wearing masks frequently. And near the central station, especially on the commuter trains, there are people wearing self made masks or bandanas. I personally don’t wear a mask. I haven’t experienced any symptoms and have not been near anyone that I know of who has, otherwise I definitely would. Although, I could be asymptotic. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I keep my distance between people and don’t travel during rush hour. However, there are times when people don’t follow social distancing practices. They stand really close on the escalator and in stores. I wish people would keep there distance between each other more strictly but so far it’s not really being adopted here in Stockholm. My mom lives in the US and she always urges me to wear a mask when I go to the supermarket. The stores in Stockholm are very small normally, and if you shop during prime time, there is almost no way to keep your distance from people.

Niklas
2020-04-28 13:05

I don’t wear a mask. I also don’t meet many people outside the family now. When I go somewhere that I can’t walk, I take the car. In stores I keep my distance.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2020-04-29 12:26

Here’s another interesting way to make a face mask. From your underwear. No sewing or cutting required, but I’m not sure of it’s effectiveness. 😂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2020-04-29 12:42

#3 That is silly! 😆

Niklas
2020-04-29 13:52

Very! We need a little silly too. 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: