How do...?

How do I get my voice back?

2019-11-28 16:57 #0 by: Evelina

Its cold season again!

I got a cold and now my voice is nonexistent 😩

What are your best remedies to get it back?

2019-11-28 20:20 #1 by: Maleficum

Not talking is the only thing I learned works. But it would be good if there are some other things for it so I hope someone else knows something useful!

2019-11-28 20:30 #2 by: Evelina

#1 That is true! Its so hard to do but tomorrow I am staying home so I should be able to try quiet for at least most of the day

2019-11-29 13:02 #3 by: Niklas

#0: Be silent and let your voice rest. That’s the only advice I have heard, tried and think works. 🙂

2019-11-29 16:57 #4 by: Evelina

I ended up going to the pharmacy today. I used my phone to communicate because my voice is worse today. It’s 100% gone. 😭 The woman said to use the gelovoice to help coat my throat with moisture. And I bought a new saline nose spray to help too.

Anyone ever used this Gelovoice product?

Of course this is happening when I have Thanksgiving dinner planned at my apartment tomorrow evening. 😅

We thought about cancelling but since we already ordered all the food earlier in the week it would be a shame to cancel. I might just have to keep quiet and instead stuff my face with food 😂

2019-11-29 18:38 #5 by: Niklas

Nerver hetare of, bit let is know of its working. «- Is what gets written if I use Swedish keyboard and write in English. 🙂

Never heard of, but let us know if it's working.

2019-11-29 19:43 #6 by: Evelina

#4 Oops its called GeloRevoice.

#5. 😆 ok I will!

2019-11-29 20:09 #7 by: Maleficum

#5 So relatable!

#6 Hope it works :)

2019-12-02 13:16 #8 by: Evelina

Still unable to talk Crying

It is getting rather frustrating. The GeloRevoice lozenges work great at soothing my throat, better than regular cough drops, but I wouldn't say it has helped me get my voice back at all. 

2019-12-03 17:09 #9 by: Niklas

Have you been quiet the whole time?

2019-12-03 19:28 #10 by: Evelina

#9 not the whole time since I had a dinner party on Saturday but other than that I have been quiet. Most days I can’t talk louder than a soft whisper. Yesterday it was very hoarse, but I could talk a little louder. I had to talk on the phone with my doctor (about something else). However after the phone call my voice went away again.

There is anohter comment in this discussion. It is, however, only visible for logged in members. To read the comment, log in or register to become a member.