Annons:
Taghow-do
Read 1438 times
Evelina
2019-11-07 15:27

How do I wash a cashmere sweater?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

I am wondering how to wash my cashmere sweaters. I recently purchased two that I love! They are so soft and warm. I don't know how I survived Swedish winters before without them. 

The problem is, it is time for them to get a wash! But I have never owned cashmere before. Is there a special soap I need? I assume I need to hand wash in cool water so it doesn't get damaged or shrink.

Annons:
Niklas
2019-11-07 16:39

Don't wash cashmere too often. Let it air instead, if possible. Best is hand wash, but don't wash it in more than 30 degrees. Use a little amount of mild detergent (or baby shampoo). There are those made especially for cashmere. Never twist or wring the garment. Gently squeeze out the water instead, or it may lose its shape. Place it flat on a towel and roll it up. Then press on it, so the towel soaks in as much of the water as possible. Unroll the towel and shape the garment on a flat surface where you let it dry. It may be misshaped if you hang it to dry.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2019-11-07 18:22

Thanks! That’s great info. Do you know of a Swedish detergent brand that would work?

Niklas
2019-11-08 13:14

I do, but I haven’t used it myself:

» Ulltvättmedel för cashmere - Soft Goat - 100 % cashmere

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-11-08 17:52

This has come at a great time!!🙏 I bought a cashmere jumper in the summer sales, I wore it a few times last month and it’s been sat in my washing basket ever since! Thanks for the great tips Niklas, I’m often heavy handed with my clothes so I’ll be sure to be more gentle with it now ☺️

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-11-11 11:42

#4: Great! 😀

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: