Annons:
Tag:ย how-to
Read 1027 times
Leia
2019-09-03 13:00

How to help a friend after surgery?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Hello Guys!

One of my best friends had an operation a few days ago to have her gallbladder taken out after discovering she was suffering from gallstones! 

Today I'm going round to see how she's doing and give her some company! I was wondering if you could recommend any gifts, things I could do or meals I could make to cheer her up and make her feel a bit more like herself again.

Have you or a loved undergone that surgery or something similar? How did you feel during that time?

Photo by Alexandra Gorn on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
jordan
2019-09-03 22:59

My sister had suffered from gallstones for around two years, after being incorrectly diagnosed throughout the whole process. As it was during her time at University, it resulted in a lot of time travelling back home to the hospital which obviously didn't Help. Once it was correctly diagnosed, she had the operation within two months, and felt better almost instantly after!

You can have the security that the worst of it is over. I think the main problem they brought seemed to be the stomach cramps, making it hard to eat or even move in some cases, so now is good time for them to just relax and focus on making a full recovery. I'm not sure about the limitations as to what you can eat shortly after the operation, but some good food is always a good idea ๐Ÿ™‚

Tammie
2019-09-04 00:18

My best friend had herโ€™s removed last year. She gave us quite a scare because she had to have emergency surgery and we didnโ€™t know what was wrong. I mostly just hung out with her at the hospital and brought her her phone and charger and some food.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Leia
2019-09-04 12:28

#1 My friend had originally been misdiagnosed too, her GP said the pain was just 'muscular' but luckily it didn't take two years to seek for a second opinion! My friend's been advised to have a low-fat and high-fibre diet for the next few weeks. 

#2 I found just being there to hang out with was the best thing, I think her and her family was starting to rub on each other after spending so much time in one house together so my presence refreshed that a little!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-09-05 11:16

I think ice cream could be nice, although a bit difficult to transport. ๐Ÿ™‚

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย