Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 2290 times
jordan
2019-06-19 22:05

How to make the most out of an Open Day?

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

As University ends the next chapter of my life awaits, but the problem for me at least at the moment is that I don't know exactly where that may be Crying

I have looked into the possibility of being a teacher, and for that I would need to complete a PGCE (Postgraduate Certificate in Education). There is an open day that I am to attend tomorrow, but was wondering if anyone has any tips for making the most of the opportunity I have there?

I have a list of questions that I may want to ask, but otherwise I am worried that I'll just awkwardly roam the room before leaving Laughing out loud

Annons:
Niklas
2019-06-20 10:08

Teaching, in my opinion, is one of the most important jobs you can have. It will decide the future of our kids and shape the world. My wife and sister in law, as well as a couple of friends, are teachers. My mother was a teacher too a long time ago. I think one of the more important traits you need to be a great teacher, is liking children (if that's who you will be teaching). Also, you must always be aware of what is your number one priority. If there is a conflict of interest, the students come first, especially if they are children. Unfortunately, there are teachers not realizing this or getting the priorities wrong. That can have severe outcomes for the students. Go there and think of yourself as someone who can make the difference in peoples lives. You're a potential kingmaker. There's no reason to feel awkward about that. Own the room! 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-06-20 13:28

Make sure to pick up loads of leaflets and info packs! Don't be afraid to grab some freebies either!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-06-25 00:46

#1 I agree! They also definitely made that clear during the day. Although the work to get qualified initially is a lot, and very intense, it is also among the most rewarding career paths. Children are not a problem for me, although you also learn how to deal with child behaviour on the course.

#2 I managed to pick up everything they had, even the primary school path which I am not doing, haha.

Leia
2019-06-25 15:04

#3 Haha! Did you find the open day useful??

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: