Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 2935 times
jordan
2019-05-06 21:54

How to travel around London

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

After spending the weekend in the capital, it made me realise how difficult it can be at times to get around if you haven't done it before. So, with that in mind, here are a few tips if you plan to travel around London!

1. It goes without saying, but PLAN BEFOREHAND! London is a big city with many things to see, so before you leave the hotel/where you are staying, research via Google Maps or an alternative to find the optimal route. The Trainline app is also helpful as you can buy electronic tickets through it, avoiding the stress of waiting for a machine to be free in the station.

2.  Contactless is your friend! Contactless payment cards work on pretty much all forms of transport nowadays, and London is no different. For the Underground especially, contactless cards can make part of the journey a lot easier, while also being completely affordable.

3. If travelling for a longer distance, taxis are a viable option, especially with a group. Whether you want the authentic black cab experience, or you have apps such as Addison Lee or Uber, taxis provide a more comfortable and often quicker way of getting around.  There is one slight issue with Uber however, albeit a little trivial. Due to congestion charges, most if not all of your rides will be in a Toyota Prius, so if they are not your thing, I'd avoid Laughing out loud

Photo by Sabrina Mazzeo on Unsplash

Annons:
Niklas
2019-05-07 11:46

#0: Good advice. Except for the last one I would say they apply for visitors to Stockholm as well. Riding a taxi in stockholm will break your budget. Getting around is best done by foot, by bike, by electric scooter or by public transportation. If you know someone in Stockholm with a car, ask them to take you the places you want to see outside the city.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-05-07 16:11

Did you find it cheaper to use your card and pay for single journeys or is there some kind of day ticket you can buy?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jordan
2019-05-14 00:31

#1 I remember the taxi prices vividly! It was actually affordable for the airport transfer in my opinion, but for inter city travel it was a nightmare. Electric Scooters are rapidly rising in popularity everywhere it seems, and I think that is a good thing.

jordan
2019-05-14 00:32

And of course I forgot the Boris Bikes!! haha

Scroll to top
Annons: