Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1130 times
Niklas
2019-04-26 11:38

How to secure your passwords for free

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you haven't yet started protecting your passwords properly, here’s your chance. Bitwarden is a free, open source, password safe available on all major platforms, including smartphones.

I haven't tried Bitwarden myself but saw another Savvity member recommend it and like what I have read about it.

» Bitwarden Password Manager

(Photo by Gabriel Wasylko at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
[Joab]
2019-04-26 13:13

It is a very handy password tool, especially if you are using both PC and Mac/iOS and want to have access to your passwords on all your platforms.

Tammie
2019-07-09 20:01

How do you determine that the software platform is trustworthy? I always wonder these things but don’t know enough about software to determine if a platform is trustworthy or not.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

[Joab]
2019-07-09 20:40

Bitwarden is an open source project, which means that anyone can access the source code and evaluate it, given that you have knowledge in programming of course. In general, open source projects are difficult to hack, since every code change is first reviewed by a group of trusted persons, before the code change is accepted. So it is very hard to make evil changes to the source code. They will be rejected by the code reviewers and sent to the bin instead. In November last year, the company behind Bitwarden hired an external security company to audit the software. As in all software, there are always bugs and security vulnerabilities, of which some of them were identified during the audit. The most important ones were immediately addressed and corrected by Bitwarden.

Tammie
2019-07-11 00:13

That is so insightful. I had no idea that is how it works. Thank you.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: