Annons:
Tag: how-to
Read 2370 times
Niklas
2019-03-11 11:03

How to make a cheap and sturdy camera clamp

If you don't want to pay 50 dollars for a Manfrotto Super Clamp to hold your camera, you can easily make one out of a one-hand clamp from the nearest hardware store. One of the obvious advantages with this is that it can grip around very large things, like a tree trunk. The Super Clamp is limited to 45 millimeters at its widest opening. Another thing that is better on this DIY camera clamp, is that you can fasten it with one hand. When I was a motorcycle photographer, I often used a Super Clamp to attach a camera to my car so I could take photos of the bikes while they moved. In the car, I had a computer and remote control to immediately see the photos and control the camera. It was a good setup. When I started out, before I had figured out how to attach the camera to the car, I used to have a driver while I lay in the back of the trunk taking the photos manually with the boot open. 🙂 If I were to take those kinds of photos today, I wouldn't use a DSLR camera, but my mobile phone. It would make it both easier, cheaper and more fun.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Leia
2019-03-11 23:38

" I used to have a driver while I lay in the back of the trunk taking the photos manually with the boot open. 🙂"

I hope he wasn't going at any high speed.HorrifiedHorrified

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-03-13 13:03

No, he wasn’t. Those kinds of photos are taken at low speed, but with long exposures, so it looks like it's going fast with the blurry surroundings.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-13 23:13

#2 I'd love to see if you still have them!

All the best, Leia

Niklas
2019-03-14 10:45

I'll see if I can find one. I haven't thrown them away.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2019-03-14 11:17
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

This one is pretty typical of what we did.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-14 21:51

#5 Wow that looks brilliant! you really captured the motion in the picture!

All the best, Leia

Annons:
Niklas
2019-03-15 08:23

Haha, the motion is mostly fake. The speed was only about 30 to 50 kilometers per hour when we shot that. 🙂 With a shutter speed of 1/25 of a second it looks like we are traveling fast.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-16 23:31

#7 how clever!

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons:
Â