Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1479 times
Emo
2019-03-09 12:12

How to dress a chair

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

The dog likes to sit on the chair and keep an eye on what's happening outside.

Unfortunately, the fabric on the chair seat did not tolerate her claws for so many years, so now it was time to change. At first, I unscrewed the seat and removed the fabric on the underside. Then I removed the fabric on the top. It was attached with staples. A screwdriver and a pliers are needed for it.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Annons:
Emo
2019-03-09 12:13

I used that fabric as a template and cut the new fabric out with a good margin.

Emo
2019-03-09 12:14

The new fabric was laid on the table and the chair seat upside down. Then it's time to stretch the fabric and staple a little on all sides, make sure it's even.

Emo
2019-03-09 12:15

If it looks good, it is time to go on. Then you also have to cut a bit off excess fabric so that it does not get too thick in the corners.

Emo
2019-03-09 12:16

Then attach the old fabric to the underside there, so it will be even and fine without loose threads.

Emo
2019-03-09 12:17

The next step is to put the seat in the right direction at the top of the table and place the chair so that you can screw the parts together.

Emo
2019-03-09 12:18

Now, the chair looks like this.

Annons:
Evelina
2019-03-09 18:14

Amazing job Emo!

Emo
2019-03-09 18:17

Thank you! 🙂

Emo
2019-03-11 05:21

I like using old pieces of furniture. My parens bought this sofa in the 50ties and I dressed it many years later. The cat used it in the way cats do, so later I Iunskrew it into pieces to be able to transport it upstairs. I dressed it the second time and now I like it where it is.

Niklas
2019-03-11 17:32

I like the discrete fabric you choose for the sofa. It could have been bought recently. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Emo
2019-03-11 18:00

Thank you. I suppose you like the wallpaper too. Laughing

Leia
2019-03-11 23:48

You did a brilliant job, it looks like new!

I would have suggested putting a pillow underneath the fabric first before stapling it down for extra comfort.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Emo
2019-03-12 06:05

#12 Thank you

Please explain what you mean about pillow?

Annons:
Leia
2019-03-12 23:38

#13 I would have maybe tried to put one of these underneath the new fabric so it has extra cushioning.

All the best, Leia

Emo
2019-03-13 07:55

#14 Where and how? Why?

Niklas
2019-03-13 19:51

#11: Yes, the wallpaper is the dot above the I. 😉

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-03-13 23:10

#15 On top of the seat and underneath the fabric for extra comfort, that way it looks how it would normally without having to see the cushion on top, sorry I can't think of another to explain it 🙂

All the best, Leia

Emo
2019-03-14 04:54

#16 Thank you. People usually comments it when they see it first time. The best comment i got from a friend (a classmate) He and his wife were her and when I showed them the room he said:  That was the worst I have seen (in Swedish: det djävligaste jag sett) His wife was chocked and I laught good.

#17 No, it had been to destroy a quality sofa with things like that. I want it as comfortable as it is. The two "things" you are ought to sit on are quit right for comfort. If you are sore in your back or need a cushion, you are able to use the orange cushion.

Evelina
2019-03-14 09:07

The pink sofa looks really nice! Is it easy to learn how to do that? I don’t know why I didn’t notice the wallpaper before. It is very rad! 😊 the pattern looks like it would be from the 70s or something.

Emo
2019-03-14 10:06

#19 Pink? Is it the brown leather you get a glimps of in #5?

You are right I bought the wallpaper In the 70s when we had built the room on the second floor and we wanted to buy wallpaper where there was a sale. They had a lot of wallpapers with nice patterns, but I want to be able to kill flies on the walls without destoying the wallpaper, so it had to be this "wonderful" wallpaper.

Annons:
Evelina
2019-03-14 12:13

I’m talking about the sofa in #9. 😊

Emo
2019-03-14 12:38

It takes some time. First you have to losen the fabric it is dressed with and use the pieces as patterns. Then you do like I did with the chair. It will take som time but it isn't difficult. Start with something easier, so you know what effort it takes to make it fit smothly.

If you are used to sew clothes you know how to place the fabric in the right direction.

Scroll to top
Annons: