Annons:
Tag:ย how-to
Read 1213 times
Max
2019-02-06 07:46

How can I listen to audiobooks on One Drive?

I'd like to upload my audiobooks/lecture series to the cloud (probably OneDrive which can be had very cheaply if you know how. Then listen on my phone or other device. I found tge CloudPlayer app which does ok but doesn't really handle audiobooks that well. Does anyone have other suggestions?

Annons:
Niklas
2019-02-06 11:22

I found an app called CloudBeats that is available for Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad). It supposedly plays tracks from OneDrive as well as Box, Dropbox and Google Drive. I haven't tried it myself since I don't listen to audiobooks. It has an average four star rating by thousands of users in Google Play.

ยป CloudBeats

It seems to be free for Android.

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Leia
2019-02-06 20:29

#1 You always know the best apps Niklas!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Max
2019-02-07 02:24

#1 Thanks for this suggestion. It seems that Cloudbeats and CloudPlayer are currently the two contenders for this functionality both seem to be being actively developed . As far as I can see the Cloudbeats Android version is lagging a little their IOS functionality as it doesnt seem to Support OneDrive for Business (which is currently the cheapest way to get a large amount of Cloud Storage.) Here in the Philippines we are still struggling with relatively slow Internet (mostly due to government production of the local ISPs from foreign competition) so cloud storage is currently only scrapping its full potential. My impression is the decrease in cost of local storage /GB is diminishing in recent years whereas download speeds continue to improve. My inclination is that we will continue to see more content being stored in the cloud and accessed via download rather than being stored locally. Any views?

Niklas
2019-02-07 12:10

#2: Thank you, Leia! ๐Ÿ™‚

#3: I agree. Except for my photo library, which I still think is too large, I have had everything in โ€œtheโ€ cloud for years, available on all my devices at any time when thereโ€™s an internet connection.

In Sweden, Internet traffic has been comparatively cheap for a long time. My family ditched wired internet, phone and TV several years ago. We have one wireless broadband connection to serve us all (currently five people) with no major glitches. All of us can watch streamed video on our iPads, computers and iPhones at the same time. That is five different video streams. In my opinion that is both impressive and desirable.

This, of course, potentially makes us very vulnerable if the wireless connection goes down. ๐Ÿ˜€

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย