Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1265 times
Niklas
2019-01-22 13:07

How to drive safely on snow and ice in winter

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If you haven’t lived in a country with sub-zero winter temperatures, you probably don’t know how to drive safely on snow and ice. Here are a few things to think about:

• Avoid sudden movements. Accelerate slowly. Brake slowly. Turn slowly.

• Drive in a higher gear than normal. This makes the wheels less likely to start spinning and lose their grip.

• Keep your distance. Braking will be much slower than normal on an icy road.

• Look further ahead. Plan you maneuvers carefully.

• Use the “pump-brake” technique to be able to steer while braking hard, if the car isn’t equipped with ABS brakes (they automatically do this for you).

• Drive visibly. Use the turning indicators and turn them on early enough to make your fellow drivers aware of your intentions. Start braking earlier so your brake lights light up to give others an indication that you are about to lower your speed.

» Sweden essentials: the best winter driving tips to stay safe on the road - The Local

(Photo by Arisa Chattasa at Unsplash)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Evelina
2019-01-22 13:25

I need a how to walk safely on ice 😂

Niklas
2019-01-22 13:38

Then you need Icebug shoes. They have built-in studs. My wife and mother use them. 🙂

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-01-22 23:34

This post couldn't come at a better time! It started to snow here in Manchester today, I don't drive myself but I will share this with my boyfriend.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2019-01-23 10:22

🙂 Do you get a lot of snow in Manchester during winter? I figured that since Britain is surrounded by sea water, it might melt away pretty quickly.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2019-01-24 15:04

#4 We don't get a lot of snow in Manchester and if we do it never settles because the environment is so built up and it rains an awful lot. It does get icy from that though.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Scroll to top
Annons: