Annons:
Tag:ย how-to
Read 1501 times
Tammie
2018-11-15 06:37

How To Safely Fell A Tree

I have to cut 4 trees down over the next few weekends. I am a little nervous about how it is going to go, so I have been watching You Tube video's  to see what I can learn before I attempt it. Scared

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Niklas
2018-11-15 10:34

In my experience, patience, caution and a helping hand gets you a long way when you take down trees. And humility. Donโ€™t take on trees that are very large unless you really know what you do. Itโ€™s not the occasion to be cocky. Are your trees big? What kind are they?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Emo
2018-11-16 16:57
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

If it is possible you can take it in pieces.

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Tammie
2018-11-16 21:51

They arenโ€™t too big. I will start with the smallest and work my way up.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-11-17 14:32

If you want extra safety, tie a rope around the top or branch that you are cutting and either let someone hold it tight at a safe distance, or tie the other end to the stem of another big enough tree. Then you know it won't fall in a completely different direction.

Tammie
2018-11-18 18:17
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

My friends let me use an electric pole saw that was like a mini chain saw on a pole. I had never used one before. In my first couple of cuts I managed to pinch the chain when the limb fell into another tree as I was cutting it. It cause the chain to fall off of the saw. I didn't know how to fix it so I had to start hand cutting everything.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Tammie
2018-11-18 18:21
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

This is what I needed to cut.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Annons:
Tammie
2018-11-18 18:24

I hand cut all of this before my sister and my brother in law showed up.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Tammie
2018-11-18 18:28

My hands were swollen and I couldn't cut anymore on my own. Thankfully my brother in law and my sister showed up. My brother in law knew how to put the chain back on the saw! He started cutting up what I had cut down. Then he cut all of the stumps down as low as possible. I could not have done this alone. I was so grateful for the Help.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Tammie
2018-11-18 18:30

In the end it looked really good with those trees gone. Now the maintenance on this triplex with be much easier. The trees were too close to the foundation and they were also causing roof issues.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-11-18 18:37

Wow, that's a lot of work. Is this where you live or are you helping someone else?

Tammie
2018-11-19 05:31

This is the triplex that I own and was living in. Now I have moved back to the Sacramento area and I am cleaning up the triplex to make it more maintenance free. Then I am going to rent out the unit that I was living in. The other two units are already rented out. And, yes, it was a hug amount of work.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-11-19 09:06

Aha. Maintenance free is something I can relate to. Chores like replacing leaky roofs and repainting the house seems so pointless. My idea is that, whenever possible, you should build houses to last until they are swept away by the next ice age. ๐Ÿ™‚

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย