Annons:
Taghow-do
Read 1989 times
jordan
2018-09-06 22:26

How do I pack efficiently?

The time had come for me to return to university, and since it’s the start of the year, it means that most of my livelihood comes with me😂 however since it is a lot of stuff, and we don’t own a van, packing it into one MPV can be a little daunting! What tips would you give?

Annons:
Niklas
2018-09-07 10:44

Don’t bring everything you own. Go minimal. Start with what you would bring if there was an emergency and you had to evacuate. ;-)

» How to pack for evacuation in an emergency - How to… - How to… | Savvity Network

• You probably want to bring more than one change of clothes. I’d go for a weeks supply.

• Limit your packing to what you can fit into one bag, perhaps a backpack, so you have your hands free.

• Plan for washing clothes once a week. Make sure to have hand wash detergent as a backup if you don't have time for laundry day one week. Hand washing saves time unless you have a washing machine in your room or apartment.

• Get satin bed sheets. It’s not just luxurious, it also saves a lot of space and weight compared to ordinary cotton sheets. Satin bath towels also are great space savers, but not everyone likes the feel of them when wet. Satin dries quickly too.

• Good shoes are a must. I guess you’ll need two pairs to get you through the weather of a year. Pack the smaller ones and wear the winter shoes when you travel, to save space in the bag.

• Try not to go overboard with chargers for phones, tablets, watches, computers, and stuff. Many can get by with one charger with three or four USB outlets that also has USB-C. Anker sells several good choices on Amazon.

• A surge protector to put in the wall outlet before you plug in your other things can save money and aggravation if there’s a thunderstorm or electricity spike. It protects your electronics from getting fried.

• If you don't have painkillers and band-aid in your toiletry bag, pack some.

You will feel happy when you realize you can get by with what fits into one bag. It gives you less to think of besides your studies. You don't need an expensive home insurance, you don't have a lot that would attract burglars, it makes it easier to tidy your room and easier to choose an outfit every day. Win, win, win. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-09-09 23:29

#1 These are some great tips, thanks! I managed to cut down a lot on cables, which saved a few bags, but the main thing that saved me space was some vacuum bags, for things such as a duvet! I managed to get them up to 80% smaller, and would definitely recommend investing in!

Niklas
2018-09-10 11:05

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention vacuum bags! I use them when I travel to pack clothes in, to avoid getting them wet if the bag leaks, and for saving space. They are truly great. I use the Sea to Summit ones.

» Amazon.com : Sea to Summit Ultra-Sil Dry Sack : Boating Dry Bags : Sports & Outdoors

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Niklas
2018-09-10 11:10

Another interesting alternative to standard dry bags is The Scrubba Wash Bag. It’s a dry bag that can also be used to hand wash clothes. It saves time and apparently is more gentle to your clothes.

» The Scrubba Wash Bag

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-09-12 00:59

#4 The video that shows how to use it is really fascinating! If someone was to go travelling in the rural that would be an excellent choice.

Niklas
2018-09-12 09:11

Or if you're in a hotel and discover that you forgot to pack extra underwear. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: