Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1701 times
Leia
2018-08-27 21:42

How to spend a bank holiday

Happy Bank Holiday!

A 'bank holiday' is a day in which banks are officially closed, kept as a public holiday here in Britain.  Bank holidays mostly fall on a Monday, us boozy brits usually spend the Friday, Saturday and Sunday on weekend bender and have the day off work on the Monday to recover!

Unfortunately for me, my job was to serve and fuel the punters so no partying for me! Instead, I took an alpaca for a walk!

My boyfriend and I drove down to Charnwood Forest Alpacas to enjoy their 'sparkingly afternoon tea & alpaca walk experience'. They are lovely animals, and the walk is a great way to exercise them and fund their care in a safe and controlled manner.

After the walk, we also got to indulge ourselves in this wonderful gluten-free afternoon tea.  Have you ever walked an alpaca? or how would you spend your bank holiday weekend?

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Annons:
Niklas
2018-08-28 08:37

That sounds like a very different kind of adventure. The afternoon tea looks delicious. Aren't alpacas the ones who spit?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2018-08-28 12:46

#1 When I was in Peru, my ex tried petting an alpaca and it spit at him because it didn't want to be touched Laughing out loud 

The tea looks lovely! Hope you guys had a blast

jadekintz
2018-08-28 18:19

Those alpacas are so cuuuute!

Leia
2018-08-28 21:33

My alpaca spit at my boyfriends alpaca in a fight for dominance, his was the leader and he was challenging that! But they didn’t spit at people, most enjoyed being stroked as long as you was by their side! They don’t enjoy be confronted from the front or snook up on from behind and dislike their bum area being petted!

All the best, Leia

jordan
2018-08-29 21:27

Oh they are a lot smaller than I thought! For some reason I had imagined them being almost horse sized! Hope you had fun!

Tammie
2018-08-30 06:43

That looks like a really fun Holiday!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
Leia
2018-08-31 21:02

#5 Llamas are a lot bigger, they are in the same family. Alpacas are considered the smaller, friendlier version.

All the best, Leia

Scroll to top
Annons: