Annons:
Taghow-do
Read 1790 times
jordan
2018-08-10 20:50

How do I motivate myself for far away deadlines?

I guess it's a good thing that it is far away (for now), but I have to hand in my research proposal for my final year project in October. I would like to get it done, but since there isn't pressure, I end up procrastinating Confused What do you do to get yourself in that working mindset?

Annons:
Leia
2018-08-10 22:00

I am the exact same! I hope someone has the answers

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Emo
2018-08-11 05:55

I too

My website: American version
Min hemsida: Svensk version

Tammie
2018-08-12 07:18

If you have 8 weeks then break up your project into eight deadlines. For instance;

Week one-Decide on your topic

Week two-Research

Week three-Write your outline

and so on!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-08-12 13:28

#0 I agree with Tammie, make yourself decide on some smaller deadlines and think of a nice way to reward yourself for the big deadline, and maybe, your midway point deadline too. That is what I did when I wrote my thesis. After the thesis proposal was turned in, I rewarded myself with some shopping and I did the same with the final thesis! It is important not to beat yourself up if you don't finish something as you planned, but on the other hand, it is important that you make a real effort to at least try to meet the deadlines you set for yourself.

Niklas
2018-08-13 08:52

Or set a new deadline for yourself. You can probably do it faster than October. If you think the fastest you can do it is mid-September, make that your deadline and start now. Or decide to make it over next weekend and turn it in Monday. Set your mind on getting things out of your hands as soon as possible, as you would do on a job. If for instance you're asked to write a review of something, you want the responsibility to leave your desk a.s.a.p. so you can concentrate on other things. You don't want a life filled with nagging reminders at the back of your head. You want to be ahead.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-08-13 20:56

#3 #4 Great tips guys! I also used the opportunity to shop as a reward for my exams a few years ago, and it turned out really well then!

#5 Yeah I definitely want things out of the way as soon as possible, hopefully I can find a way to shift my mindset in this way to propel me into finishing the work!

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons: