Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1771 times
Evelina
2018-06-18 19:45

How to have a yard sale

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Over the weekend, we had a yard sale at my Dad's house. I had a lot of old clothes, extra furniture and kitchen appliances that I left at my Dad's house when I moved to Sweden. My Dad also had bunch of stuff to get rid of that my Mom and I talked him into letting go. He had a lot of older stuff in his kitchen. 

1. The first thing you will need to do for the yard sale is to make sure that you have enough change in cash and coins. We went to the bank and got 40 dollars in one dollar bills and 20 dollars in quarters. 

2. You will need to get all of the things in order that you want to sell at your yard sale. And if you want you can put price stickers on the items

3. The next thing to do is buy some bright coloured poster paper and a fat sharpie pen to make signs, which say Yard Sale, the date, location and an arrow in order to provide directions to the address. We had made 8 signs in total, however, we should have made more. These steps should all be done the day before since yard sale's typically start at about 7am. 

4. You will also need duct tape to post on the street poles to get driver's attention and direct them to your yard sale. 

5. On the morning of, start setting out all the items on your lawn or driveway. It is great to grab any tables you have outside to place the items you would like to sell on them. That way people can more easily see what you have to offer. If selling any smaller items, such as jewellery place them closer to you so that no one can steal them. 

6. Sell things for cheap and make deals! You want to get rid of as much as you can.

Annons:
Niklas
2018-06-18 19:54

How did the sale go? Did you get rid of everything? What was hardest to sell?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-06-18 20:27

For me the hardest thing to let go of were my leather jackets. It is hard to see something that was expensive sell for so little. Crying

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Evelina
2018-06-18 21:04

We made about 100$. It was consistently busy. By 2 o’clock we decided to leave the stuff that didn’t get sold on the driveway with a sign that said free stuff. And almost everything was taken. We donated one box to the Goodwill. Someone stole a necklace pendant with small diamonds and it was made of silver. It was given to me by an ex boyfriend. It wasn’t worth much so I’m not bothered by it, just wonder who did it. 🧐

Leia
2018-06-19 00:01

#3 Such a shame for some unhonest people to ruin what sounded like a great day!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Evelina
2018-06-19 00:17

#4 didn’t ruin our day! I just laughed 😅 right after we went to the store and used the money from the yard sale and bought a gravity lounge chair for the deck! And we will use the rest for a pitcher of prickly pear margaritas at our fav Mexican restaurant! 🎉💃🙌

Niklas
2018-06-19 09:10

What's a gravity lounge chair? Some kind of hanging chair?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Niklas
2018-06-19 09:42

It's not one of these, is it?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-06-21 01:11

These are some good tips! When I was younger my parents would always go to car boot sales, which I guess would be the closest thing to a yard sale in the UK as I don't think I've ever seen one here. My job was to write and stick the prices on everything we took, and then once we were set up (in a similar fashion to how you mentioned) not be a nuisance Laughing out loud

Evelina
2018-06-22 03:04
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

#7 No it is simple a folding chair that you extends when you sit into it.

Niklas
2018-06-22 10:58

Aha! That one looked comfortable and I like the color.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Leia
2018-06-22 13:25

Loving all the plants next to it haha!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

jadekintz
2018-06-26 00:31

#12 Great tips! I am thinking about having a yard sale this weekend to down size the things we don't need in the house anymore

Scroll to top
Annons: