Over the weekend, we had a yard sale at my Dad's house. I had a lot of old clothes, extra furniture and kitchen appliances that I left at my Dad's house when I moved to Sweden. My Dad also had bunch of stuff to get rid of that my Mom and I talked him into letting go. He had a lot of older stuff in his kitchen.
- The first thing you will need to do for the yard sale is to make sure that you have enough change in cash and coins. We went to the bank and got 40 dollars in one dollar bills and 20 dollars in quarters.
- You will need to get all of the things in order that you want to sell at your yard sale. And if you want you can put price stickers on the items.
- The next thing to do is buy some bright coloured poster paper and a fat sharpie pen to make signs, which say Yard Sale, the date, location and an arrow in order to provide directions to the address. We had made 8 signs in total, however, we should have made more. These steps should all be done the day before since yard sale's typically start at about 7am.
- You will also need duct tape to post on the street poles to get driver's attention and direct them to your yard sale.
- On the morning of, start setting out all the items on your lawn or driveway. It is great to grab any tables you have outside to place the items you would like to sell on them. That way people can more easily see what you have to offer. If selling any smaller items, such as jewellery place them closer to you so that no one can steal them.
- Sell things for cheap and make deals! You want to get rid of as much as you can.