Annons:
Tag:ย how-to
Read 1767 times
Evelina
2018-06-11 21:36

How to attract birds to the backyard

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 4
Preview of image 2 of 4
Preview of image 3 of 4
Preview of image 4 of 4

I have been persuading my dad into buying more flowering plants and setting out bird seeds for the birds to make the backyard more inviting for bees and birds. For Father's Day I bought him a bird bath, and a cute glass flamingo that is solar powered (just to make the garden cuter)  and we are going to get him some Iris rhizomes (bulbs). 

The bird bath is actually a glass bowl that is solar powered, so in the evening it looks really pretty since the glass was made so it looks like a blue and purple flower. 

I read that birds don't need that much water in the bowl, and they like some pebbles or rocks in the bottom of the bowl so that they have something to grip. 

We placed the bird bath under the tree since birds like water that is in a shaded area and near something they can perch on before they get in the bird bath. 

Next up, we are going to make some bird feeders out of pine cones, seeds and peanut butter! 

Do you have any other suggestions? 

We also have one hummingbird feeder.

Annons:
Niklas
2018-06-11 22:01

Perhaps you could get flies for the backyard? Some birds like to eat them. ;-)

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Evelina
2018-06-11 22:06

Hahaha Laughing out loud Yes, plenty of those over here! and mosquitos!

Niklas
2018-06-11 22:10

Many birdhouses then. Make or buy them in different sizes, so you get different kinds of birds.

Evelina
2018-06-11 22:10

Ok that will be our next project! Laughing

Niklas
2018-06-11 22:13

What does a hummingbird feeder look like? Is it something they can feed from without landing?

Evelina
2018-06-11 22:14

Itโ€™s the one hanging there in the first picture. They donโ€™t normally land to drink but rather keep flying while they take sips.

Annons:
Leia
2018-06-12 12:36

Great tip about the rocks in the water!

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Tammie
2018-06-25 18:46
Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 3
Preview of image 2 of 3
Preview of image 3 of 3

A few pictures of the birds we have been attracting to the backyard. The slightly blurry pic has two birds on the same hanging pine one! I thought that was kind of funny! I could get very close or I would have scared the away.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-06-25 18:56

Do you know if those are fly-eating birds or do they just eat what you serve them?

Tammie
2018-06-27 03:48

They are eating the seeds that are on the pinecone that we slathered in peanut butter.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-06-27 07:53

Aha. :-)

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย