Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 2070 times
Tammie
2018-05-26 18:15

How To Ferment Cucumbers

I have been really enjoying learning how to ferment foods. Fermented foods are really good for you. I live alone and often have vegetables that I am unable to use up before they go bad. Fermenting is a great way of preserving those vegetables and having them on hand for later. 

Also, I am trying to make better choices in life. If I have a option to choose a food that is really good for me rather than the same thing that is not as good for me then I want to choose the food that offers the most benefits. Pickles are not bad for me and they have their benefits, but fermented cucumbers have even more benefits. So, I am excited to see how they turn out. I did not put black tea in my first two jars. I do plan to put black tea in the next batch to see which option turns out better.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Annons:
jordan
2018-05-28 00:06

I don't think I have ever eaten any fermented foods, other than Kimchi maybe. How would you say the taste differs?

Tammie
2018-05-28 00:55

They aren't vinegary and are a bit more salty.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-05-28 08:19

#1: Have you had sauerkraut?

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-05-28 17:46

I have but I am not a fan of sauerkraut. I don't know why but I just can't seem to like it. Sad I am one of those that likes most everything. But for some reason I am not fond of sauerkraut. 

Actually, sauerkraut is what got me started on wanting to learn about fermenting foods. I read about how good it is for you and bought some but didn't like it at all. So, I started looking up what other foods can be fermented in order to benefit from the probiotic's.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Niklas
2018-05-28 20:38

Perhaps you didn't eat sauerkraut with the right dish? Try a leberkäs with sauerkraut. I think that's how it's meant to be eaten. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-05-29 05:34

I don’t know what that is! Can you translate or describe it?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Annons:
Niklas
2018-05-29 05:40

Wikipedia has a pretty good description: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leberkäse It should be experienced though. People tend to be sceptical when they see or hear about it. :-)

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Tammie
2018-05-29 23:10

Oh, I have had that before then. It is actually quite tasty.

Happy creating!

Tammie

Scroll to top
Annons: