Annons:
Tag:Ā how-do
Read 1770 times
Evelina
2018-05-22 14:20

How do I stop mosquitos from biting me?

Okay, I am not exaggerating when I say that mosquitos love my blood. 

Over the last two weeks I have already gotten over 25 bites. And I don't hang outside during the evenings and when I do, I wear long pants, socks, long shirt, etc! I have bites even on my butt! Sorry for the info hahah. Laughing out loud

This has been a life long problem. It is getting so bad that I have started to become allergic to them. Here in Sweden, I am not that allergic to the bites. However, in Australia, I was extremely allergic to the bites. In the US, I am also severely allergic to the bites. I guess it has to do with different kinds of mosquitos. 

The summer before last, my dad, my boyfriend and I went out on a 20 mile hike in Yosemite up to the top of El Capitan. I was fully clothed, head to toe with layers of mosquito spray on and a mosquito wristband. When I got back, I counted over 75 bites, whereas both my dad and boyfriend had about 20 bites combined! 

Does anyone know of any effective methods to prevent mosquitos from biting me? 

Mosquito spray with Deet doesn't do all that much. And I normally only use it when I am out camping . I also don't want to smell like mosquito spray all the time. Laughing out loud

I am looking for something to wear such as a lotion or oil that I can put on as an everyday preventive measure since I get the bites during the day as well. 

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Annons:
Evelina
2018-05-22 14:33

I was looking into essential oils but I just read this article on, "Busting the Five Myths of Mosquito Repellents", which says that they are not all that effective. 

Has anyone tried 'oil of lemon eucalyptusā€™ (OLE) which he mentions in the article?

Leia
2018-05-22 15:14

I don't know any other ways to prevent them, but I have used a device like this in the past to Help with relief!

https://www.lifesystems.co.uk/products/insect-repellents/bite-relief-click

It gives off a spark/shock and is supposed to inhibiting the histamine release which causes the itch. This helps neutralize the toxicity of the mosquito bite with no harmful effect on the surrounding skin, thus reducing inflammation and swelling.

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

Niklas
2018-05-22 15:30

I think the most efficient way is to wear clothes with tightly woven fabrics that mosquitos can't penetrate. Also, avoid getting warm, since that makes you more tempting, and wear light colors when you are out during daytime. That makes you harder to see against the bright sky.

Best regards, Niklas šŸŽˆ

Evelina
2018-05-22 16:15

I am going to try out Mosi-Guard Natural Extra Strength Insect Repellent. The active ingredient is made from the oil of lemon eucalyptus - Citriodiol 40%.

Evelina
2018-05-22 16:18

#2 Thank you! 

#3 I need something to apply to my skin and clothes because even measures as you suggested are not strong enough. They will still come after me, haha! Laughing out loud

jadekintz
2018-05-22 17:42

Citronilla essential oil also helps, maybe make a coconut oil and essential oil mixture and apply to your skin like a moisturizer before you go out or after you get out of the shower. I have read lemon balm may but there has yet to be any proof that I could find regarding the matter lol

Annons:
Scroll to top
Annons:
Ā