Annons:
Tag:ย how-do
Read 2715 times
Evelina
2018-04-01 16:57

How does one create a free online web store?

There are a lot of services such as Shopify, Textalk, and Prestashop. These all have monthly fees and from 2% to 2,7% charge for every purchase. I don't want to pay for this. 

I was thinking about using wordpress to create the webstore and the plugin Stripe  developed by woocommerce since it is free. 

Anyone have any experience with this?

Annons:
Emo
2018-04-01 17:04
Tealover
2018-04-01 17:05

I pay for my webshop so I can't Help so much. I just wanted to add that most payment options cost anyway

Teanerd who loves tea so much that i started a tea shop www.tealovers.se!
Host of Tea savvity and the swedish version Te ifokus
Follow me on Facebook and instagram

Evelina
2018-04-01 17:08

#2 About how much do you pay a month?

Tealover
2018-04-01 17:13

#3 I have it integrated with my webshop so I only pay about 3% per payment and a small fee when I take out money from that account

Tealover
2018-04-01 17:17

But unless you are great at html or just sell for fun I would recommend to pay for your webshop. I payed before too but about half of my monthly fee now. But when I changed my shop to a more expensive one I incrised sell with atleast 1000% And it's recommended normally not to change site because you fall in search enginge rating when you doo

Evelina
2018-04-01 17:52

Ok thanks, my boyfriend is the one who would be helping me, he knows html but we don't know about which payment service to use. Confused There are so many options. 

It is more for fun. I want to sell plants in order to fund my plant collection haha. 

I know there is tradera and Facebook groups, but tradera takes 10% and I don't feel that comfortable selling on Facebook.

Annons:
Tealover
2018-04-01 18:03

#6 okay read up on the rules. For example in EU you can't sell cuttings without paying an anual fee for selling them. And also atleast in Sweden you pay tax for a hobby business

Evelina
2018-04-01 18:19

#7 yes been trying to read up on that!

Niklas
2018-04-01 21:35

Take a look at Tictail. I like them. They are free but you pay for extras. It was very easy to set up. #7: Who us the annual fee for?

Best regards, Niklas ๐ŸŽˆ

Tealover
2018-04-01 22:36

#9 tictail has changed for the worse now if I understand it right. The fee is for some part of the goverment

Evelina
2018-04-02 13:27

I havenโ€™t found any information of a charge for the EU when selling plants.. and what I read in verksamt.se is that you pay taxes only if you have a profit from your hobby business. I read their English pages, not there Swedish ones so maybe not all the information is there. Of course moms needs to be accounted for when charging the customer. Thanks for all the info everyone ๐Ÿ‘Œ

Tealover
2018-04-02 13:35

#11 the fee is for if you sell your own seed or cuttings. If you just buy a plant and then sell it later it's no fee

Evelina
2018-04-02 13:51

#12 Ok, thanks ๐Ÿ™‚

Annons:
Evelina
2018-04-04 18:57

I ended up using wix.com to make a website and once I start selling things upgrade to a plan that is only 9$ a month and they don't charge a transaction free since it uses Stripe as a payment. Winking

jordan
2018-04-06 16:58

Wix is promoted heavily in the UK for start up businesses due to its user friendly interface and range of options, so I think you have made a good choice! Otherwise the only other service that springs to mind is GoDaddy? But I am not sure if it is the same type of thing.

Tammie
2018-05-01 01:58

I need to set up a website for my art sales. I am starting to sell my note cards. I have 3 orders for a total of 36 cards and I have two businesses that are going to sell my cards. Should I use Wix?

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Niklas
2018-05-01 07:48

Etsy sells a lot if handmade things.

Learn How to Sell on Etsy

Evelina
2018-05-01 10:07

Etsy is nice! How much do they take though? On wix you donโ€™t have to pay anything until you have a larger business going

Niklas
2018-05-01 14:27
Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Here are Etsys prices.

Tammie
2018-05-01 17:34

Thank you!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Annons:
Tealover
2018-05-01 18:49

Just remember that the cheap alternitive can be the most expensive one. My first webbshop was at the same company as my bookkeeping because they were cheap and I already had them in some parts of my buissness. Last october I changed to a company thats twice as expensive but I have incrised sales by more then 1000% (no I'm not rich, just less poor)

Tammie
2018-05-02 21:47

Very true!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Scroll to top
Annons:
ย