Annons:
Taghow-to
Read 1669 times
Niklas
2018-03-11 19:01

How to make lingonberry jam

Image 1. Click to open in original size.

Since you are reading this you probably already know all the health benefits of lingonberries, and how good it tastes on oatmeal, so I'll skip that part and go straight to the making of it. It's incredibly easy. # Ingredients: * 1 kilo organic lingonberries (frozen is fine) * 3 - 4 deciliter organic raw cane sugar (or any sugar you prefer) # How you do: Pour the lingonberries into a pot and add the sugar. Stir while you wait for it to boil. Let it boil for 2 or 3 minutes. Let it cool off before you put it in the fridge. The sugar and benzoic acid in the lingonberries mean you don't need any preservatives. The berries also contain pectin which makes the jam gel when it cools down.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
jordan
2018-03-11 20:53

Unfortunately lingonberries are not as readily available in the UK as they are in Sweden Crying Will this work with other berries as well? Or do they not share the same characteristics as lingonberries?

Niklas
2018-03-12 09:48

Unfortunately, it will not be the same with other berries. But there are many other berries to make good jam from.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-03-12 19:49

That's a shame! I personally am a big fan of raspberry and strawberry jam. What would you suggest #2?

Niklas
2018-03-12 20:31

I like lots of berries. I guess you don't have blueberries either? Otherwise, that's very good. Raspberry jam is also easy to make. If you are having it with vanilla ice cream you don't even need any sugar. Just boil fresh or frozen raspberries and pour it while hot over the ice cream. The tart goes well with the sweetness of ice cream.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

jordan
2018-03-12 20:36

Yeah we have blueberries! I may have to give the Raspberry jam recipe a try, thanks!

Niklas
2018-03-12 20:56

If you are having raspberry jam with pancakes, or other not sweet dishes, you probably want to have sugar in it while you cook.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Annons:
Tammie
2018-04-18 16:47

This looks so easy and delicious!

Happy creating!

Tammie

Host of Paints and Crafts

Scroll to top
Annons: