Limoncello is one of my favourite things ever! It is so simple to make, it makes a great gift, and it tastes so darn good it is dangerous.
I'm always surprised to hear when people have never heard of Limoncello!
Limoncello is an Italian lemon liqueur, made from lemon zest and simple syrup
What you'll need:
A large jar or container (I used a very big mason jar)
10-12 organic lemons
750 ml Vodka
1½ cup water
2½ cups sugar
How to make Limoncello:
1. Peel the yellow part of the lemon (try not to get a lot of the white part; it will make it bitter)
2. Juice the lemons.
2. Heat water and sugar on stove until sugar is dissolved.
3. Put the vodka, sugar water, lemon juice, and lemon rinds into your container.
4. Let sit in a dark cool place for at least 5 days.
5. After that put in the fridge if you haven't already. Serve chilled in shot glasses or over ice.
Note: I am starting to play around with adding other ingredients, such as: blackberries, raspberries, mint, basil, and rosemary.