Annons:
Taghow-do
Read 1910 times
Nerf Herder
2017-06-20 19:11

How do you clean your eyeglasses?

Seriously, no matter what I do my glasses just never get really clean and sometimes when I take them off I'm like whoa, how could I even see through that?! Mostly we're talking smudges that just don't go away no matter what.

Anyone who has any tips?

"Help me Obi Juan whoever the fuck you are. You're my only ho."
- Carrie Fisher, Rest In Peace

Annons:
Evelina
2017-06-20 19:18

I was wondering the same thing but for my drinking glasses, haha! I was wondering when I wrote the headline if someone was going to think it was about eyeglasses. Laughing out loud

I just use a cloth that came in the glasses case.  I usually buy some spray that is sold at the eyeglasses stores or if I'm in a pinch just with water and a super tiny amount of plain dish soap. I always get makeup on mine and they get oily easily from that, but the soap removes that easily. I have never looked up to see if dish soap damages eyeglasses but mine don't seem to be affected.

Nerf Herder
2017-06-20 19:55

I'll give that a go next time. Just using the cloth that came with them doesn't work well anymore.

Niklas
2017-06-20 22:47

I do exactly like you, cleaning cloth or water and soap.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Nerf Herder
2017-06-20 23:22

I think I've lost my actual cleaning cloth, what else might be a good substitute? I've hear absolutely not paper since it might accidentally scratch them and that would suck since a) I love my glasses and they're bought in Japan so unsure if I could find the exact frames here, and b) no money. xD

Evelina
2017-06-20 23:26

I have used a clean cotton soft t shirt. I have also just blown on the lens after cleaning them with water since I didn't have anything suitable to dry them with.

vendelay
2017-06-20 23:44

I usually use soft … Eh, that toilet paper that you have in the kitchen? What is that called? Laughing out loud In Swedish it's called "hushållspapper". I breath on the glass, then I clean them. If they're really dirty I use soap and water and then that kitchen towel paper stuff.

Annons:
Nerf Herder
2017-06-21 00:16

#6 Paper towels XD

I have like, baby wipes that I use sometimes, but that doesn't dry them off herhaherhhuhuh.

I shall see if I can find something completely clean somewhere. My problem is that no matter how freshly washed something is and how much it's just gone straight from the washer to deep in my closet - somehow my cats magically infest them with their fur. Kind kitties.

Niklas
2017-06-21 10:54

I've read up online and it seems that water and lotion-free soap is what's recommended. Then dry it with a soft clean cloth.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Scroll to top
Annons: